Sponsored by the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and CAPSI National
The Hospital Pharmacy Student Award is co-sponsored by the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP) and Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns (CAPSI). This award recognizes pharmacy students who show promise as future hospital pharmacy practitioners through their student activities or their experiential training in direct patient care, research or education. The candidates exhibit eagerness, dedication and a positive attitude towards academic learning and toward the profession and the practice of hospital pharmacy.
The candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled in a pharmacy program at a Canadian university
- Be an active member of the Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns (CAPSI)
- Have been a Student Supporter* of CSHP at the award application deadline
- Have trained in an organized health care setting
- Have exhibited the traits of a capable hospital pharmacy practitioner
- Have shown a commitment to hospital pharmacy practice through participation in the education of health care practitioners, the public or patients and/or the voluntary participation in CSHP activities
- Be endorsed by a preceptor or supervisor who can attest to the candidate’s worthiness of this award for the stated contributions to hospital pharmacy
The recipient is recognized during CAPSI’s Professional Development Week (PDW) Conference with travel costs provided by CSHP. The recipient is presented with a framed certificate and a cash award of $500.
To apply for this award, candidates are required to complete the online application form documenting their achievements in several key criteria areas, which is signed by their preceptor or supervisor who can provide an independent validation of the student’s contribution to hospital pharmacy practice. For information, including application and signature forms, visit the CSHP website.
Immediately upon submission of your online application form, the signature portion of the form will be emailed to you. The signature form must be endorsed by your preceptor or supervisor who is a CSHP member** and can attest to your worthiness of this award for the stated contributions to hospital pharmacy. If your preceptor or supervisor is not a CSHP member, the signature of a CSHP member is also required. Please mail, fax, or email the completed signature form to the CSHP National office by submission deadline.
The application forms are screened at the CSHP National office for compliance with membership criteria and for endorsement by a CSHP member. The forms are blinded and forwarded to the Awards Committee for review and selection.
*Student Supporters are pharmacist students who are enrolled in a first professional degree in pharmacy and pay the required fees. Fees must be paid for the current January 1 to December 31 student cycle. In addition, fees of the award winner must be paid through June 30 or later of the following year.
**Members are individuals with a professional degree in pharmacy who support the mission of CSHP and have paid membership fees. Fees must be paid for the current July 1 to June 30 membership cycle.